Saturday, November 14, 2009
CLICK FOR REVISIONS on A Pocketful Of Poesy!
I don't do this much, but occasionally I will do a revision or rework of a finished poem. If I think the new version renders the old obsolete, I'll simply retire the old version and call it a draft. If I think the old version has some interest on its own (a la Frost's "In White"), or if there is a reason I want to preserve the first version for historical purposes (say, I gave it to someone in that form), then I will leave it up.
But in what I'd like to consider a very minor 'Easter Egg,' I've undertaken to link the poems in question together, unobtrusively! If you click on the poem title of either poem in the pair, it will take you through to the other version.
As I said, I don't do this a lot. There are currently exactly four poems on the blog interlinked in this fashion, and I'm pretty sure that is all there are to link. I don't revise too much, but I generally do retire the old in favor of the new when I do.
One pair are nearly identical at a glance. The other are hardly a pair - the first poem sprawls along well enough, but I saw within it this more concise poem waiting to get out.
If I spot any more, or do any more like that, I'll build in the click!
Posted by
dogimo
at
1:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment